Monday 11 April 2016

Connecting Essay One

ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHY- TOBIAS LANG

http://tobias-lang.com/abgefahren-magazin-mini-story
Tobias Lang
The above image was taken by the photographer Tobias Lang, a photographer which I previously researched. I really like how the natural lighting has been incorporated within this image to enhance the nature shape of the women's face and the colours within the image. The images shows a women who is very passionate about her car, I gathered this interpretation from the expression on her face. A car is a very large and valuable possession which requires a lot of money and responsibility. I think this image is intriguing as it contrasts an old stereotype of men and cars and how they are a man's beloved possession. The strong contrast of this stereotype is produced from the lack of a male and focus on the female model as well as the image being taken from the outside of the car.


OWN PHOTOGRAPHY



This image was taken from my 8th shoot where I captured people and their desired form of transport. I like how this image shows the person within their car. The man is very relaxed, I think this shows the freedom which comes from having a car. This idea of freedom when owning a car is because you can travel and get to places on a time schedule which suites you, you are no longer restricted by bus times or train delays. 

CONNECTING THE IMAGES


The two following images both show an outside view of a person within their car. Although the background and setting of both images are different I think these images link through the sense of freedom and joy a car can bring. Both images have used natural lighting to their advantage to help produce interesting aspects of the photographs. The glare/shine displayed on the car within my own image and the shine on the women's chest in the first image by Tobias Lang.

No comments:

Post a Comment