Monday 15 February 2016

Work Diary- Shoot 2(Jason Travis Inspired)

PLANS AND EXPECTATIONS

I hope to achieve a collection of successful images inspired by Jason Travis's work. I will use the studio to set up and photograph the items of peoples on a white background.

EVALUATIONS 



The two images above show how the studio set up I used to create the bottom images from my Diptych's. I placed the objects on the table before rising the tripod and tilting the camera so it was positioned directly above the objects. This was tricky to accomplish as it was difficult to get the correct angle. For these images I used f/8 with ISO 200, 1/125 seconds exposure and 24.0mm focal length. I think these settings worked well and produced clear and detailed images.


For this image I used a model and a few of the objects that she selected from her bag. The objects help to reflect a typical modern day female teenager. I was very happy with the positioning of the items within the bottom image. In my opinion the image is not cluttered I used a pink background for the image of the girl to enhance this idea of her being a very girly person.
I produced this image within my second shoot, who was inspired by Jason Travis shoots. I'm the person in the photograph is me, I used a time delay on my camera and tripod to take the image. I chose this background because I thought it was interesting due to the variety of colour and textures within. Also the depth of view within the background made it appealing to me. the background helped me to show the hobby which I was displaying. I like how this helps to show the varieties of colours and textures within the image. The place the image was taken helped to relate to the hobby being shown through the possessions in the image because a photographer thinks about setting, lighting and colour scheme for the best quality image. I also felt that if I would have taken this in the studio the black or white background wouldn't have worked as well as this setting. Within the second image I also like the positioning of the items as they are very organised showing how much care they have for their equipment.


Below is a link to how I created these Diptych images and created this structure within Photoshop.

PROGRESSION

I really enjoyed this shoot and found it interesting to work in the style of one of my favourite photographers, Jason Travis. I think this is an interesting concept which I could explore more however I wish to explore different areas within my project now.

1 comment:

  1. it is good that you have recorded the lighting setup as part of this shoot, you will need to add your shoots images and an evaluation of what you did and why... with a future work... section..

    ReplyDelete